Friday, February 8, 2008

China Camp State Park

"The earth is the Lord's, and all that it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it.  For He has founded it upon the seas and established it upon the rivers." 
Psalm 24:1

This week began with me getting a new mountain bike.  It is a Santa Cruz Blur XC.  So, with this new gift I have decided to post pictures, scripture and some stories about my adventures with my new bike.  Now I have already had a couple of rides with this bike, one was a test ride with my wife on one of our community trails, the other was with a friend on Thursday morning up Mt. Diablo on Mitchell Canyon trail (Clayton Valley, CA) to Juniper point, which was a great and challenging ride on this new bike.


Today's ride takes me to the China Camp state park in San Rafael, CA.  There is a lot of history with this park in the bay area, if you would like to read more about this location please click here .  

One of the great features of this park besides camping, hiking and taking in the historic sites is the plenty of single track trails, which on this day I only explored a couple.  As you can see below I found that there was not much room for error, especially since the springs are running and made riding over rocks on the trail slippery.  But over all it's a really nice trail that seems to be kept up.

"You will make known to me the path of life;"
Psalm 16:11a

On several occasions I had to stop to take pictures.  I thought this was a cool bridge.  There are a lot of similarities of this park to Cameron Park in Waco, Texas.  If you are ever in Waco and love to mountain bike, that is a good place to explore.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

When you start the trail at the park entrance, you immediately start climbing.  The climb is not hard, but make sure you keep your eyes on the trail or you will find yourself tumbling down the side of the mountain.  There are nice switch backs which for the bay area is a nice thing, since many of the trails are fire roads that seem to be nothing but vertical. But as you can see below the scenery is great.  On this particular morning the fog was filling in the bay.

"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud and your sins like a heavy mist.  Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."
Isaiah 44:22

Anyways, I hope you will check in with me now and then to see where I have been mountain biking in the bay area of San Francisco.  I pray that not only the scenery that God has made ministers to you, but His Word too.  I am amazed at the number places to visit just outside my door.  The more I ride, the more I am aware of all the things God has created.  Sometimes, I consider my rides as if I was riding through God's theme park.

"Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; Let the sea roar, and all it contains; Let the field exult, and all that is in it.  Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy before the Lord, for He is coming,  He is coming to judge the earth.  He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in His faithfulness."
Psalm 96:11-13








4 comments:

Grandpa said...

I understand a historic park but what is a technical park?

onemotherslove said...

Good pictures... that trail sure is narrow!

Unknown said...

A technical park means a park with trails that require more advance cycling skill...for instance...climbing over rocks...scaling down steep grades...switch backs...dangerous stuff you don't want you mom and wife know.

Jolene said...

Wow! Impressive stamina! You don't ACT like you're over 40! And NO, I won't tell your wife! She's not stupid though, you know! What a beautiful area!