Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rockville Park, Fairfield California

"The Lord lives, and blessed by my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation,"
2 Samuel 22:47

On this day I was invited by a couple of friends from church to try out one of the most difficult trails in the bay area, Rockville Park just outside of Fairfield, California.  This is a relatively small park with tons of intertwining trails.  Supposedly you could do 30 miles here with out overlapping.  There are fire roads, technical sections that I mostly walked, rock gardens, stair step down hills, which I did not attempt, and there were intermediate trails that I finally got to do.  By clicking here you can learn more about this park.  There are daily and annual fees.


"My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped."
Psalm 17:5

Actually, my feet really did slip a lot.  Mostly on purpose because of the highly technical trails just beyond this point.


My friend Victor the mountain goat.

Go Vic, Go!
This is why they call this Rockville.

This is not a pose, I'm thinking about the beginner trail.

The view from the top of the rock garden.

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God."
Psalm 90:2


"But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
Matthew 6:30

Yes, I had no faith about dropping down off this ledge, but I thought the Lord did a wonderful job covering these rocks with a clothing of grass.


My friend Rob.

"He makes me lie down in green pastures.  He leads me beside still waters."
Psalm 23:2

With views like this, I am not sure I will be riding my road bike much anymore.  This was a great morning to be out mountain biking.  I pray that you are enjoying these pictures.  I know I am enjoying exploring these places.  I look forward to other adventures on my mountain bike.




3 comments:

onemotherslove said...

Excellent pictures, Glenn!!

Grandpa said...

I think there may be some areas that bikes were not intended to go!

Unknown said...

WOW! Don't think I could even walk those trails! So your pictures will be my eyes to see the beautiful sights. Thanks!

LOVEmom pipes